Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School in Rochester, NY is searching for its next CEO.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is “the public face” of the Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School in the community and, as such, works to develop relationships with organizations and individuals which are important in terms of the school accomplishing its mission and fulfilling its strategic priorities. As “the public face” of EMHCS, the CEO is also responsible for working with the Board on raising funds for the school.
The CEO reports to and works closely with the Board of Trustees. Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the CEO leads all aspects of the school acting as an agent of the Board, provides information and input to the Board, manages school business and develops fundraising strategies. He/she provides leadership in developing, implementing and assessing EMHCS’s educational program and accountability goals. The CEO assures compliance is being maintained with all laws, regulations, and standards that apply to the school.
Ability to communicate proficiently, orally and in writing, in both English and Spanish.
Superior relationship management skills, including with both external and internal stakeholders. Minimum 5 years of experience in managing and leading a high performing organization, including strategic development and operations.
Master’s degree in educational administration or organizational management
Experience in professional fundraising. Capital fundraising experience helpful.
Passion for education reform and a commitment to serving children & families in underserved communities.
Authentic and transparent leader with high integrity.
Entrepreneurial drive and proven track record in launching new ventures or major initiatives.
Prior experience in an educational setting preferred, not required.
High energy and enthusiasm.
Development and External Relations
Represent Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School in the community, with the state, the district, and other external stakeholders.
Manage the external representation and image of the Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School.
Lead development efforts to raise needed funding for the school. A capital fundraising campaign for new facilities may be pending.
Work with the board of trustees and instructional leaders to monitor and adjust as needed the strategic plan.
Oversee the allocation of resources to drive the best balance between financial, operational and academic concerns.
Oversee performance of the academic director, operations director, CFO and HR manager.
Preserve and promote the Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School mission with associated core values, philosophy and culture.
Develop an overall human capital strategy.
Oversee school level human capital development efforts including: recruiting, training and evaluating administrators and the development of hiring practices, policies and evaluation protocols for all teachers and school employees.
Operations and Finance
Oversee school operations: budgeting, accounting, human resources, contract management.
Work with outside counsel to support the legal needs of the school.
Manage facilities acquisition, maintenance and renovation.
Empower the leadership team to develop academic goals and performance benchmarks with instructional leaders.
Execute sound performance management of instructional leaders to ensure student achievement gains are being realized.
Build a high performing, consistent, data-driven culture across the school.
Develop reporting tools that provide a true and relevant gauge of students’ progress to the board, and that is congruent with school’s stated overall achievement objectives.
Email Resume, Cover Letter and References to email@example.com
- Maintain the Student Information System, SchoolTool attend all trainings and turnkey training to all teachers, administrative assistants and administrators
- Work with teachers quarterly to assist with grade book deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining and transmitting all State specified data elements to the State Student Information Respository System (SIRS)
- Insure the accuracy of all data transmitted by checking Level 0, 1 & 2 reports
- Coordinate and facilitate grade level data team meetings using state, local and third party data
- Attend monthly District Data Coordinator meetings and advise administration of any new updates
- Order all NYS assessments, 3-8, Regents & NYSESLAT
- Coordinate delivery and pick up of all state assessments for OSC world scoring
- Manage the teachers and students on the following platforms; iReady, Castle Learning, Follett Library System, Raz-Kids, PBIS
- Schedule MS/HS students into School tool
- Ensure all ECS registrations are entered correctly in the SIS
- Create &/or assist in creation of ENL teachers schedule to maximize time spent with students
- As Director of Attendance make sure appropriate school personnel are contacting students who reach certain weekly thresholds for absences.
- Conduct parent meetings for students with excessive absences
- Send monthly absence letters through School Tool
Job Type: Full-time